Sunday, July 11, 2010
In Response to Katherine Re: My Curriculum Map
I think you might have misunderstood the reason for my needing the science curriculum (including the outcomes) for grade one. Since I have been all over the place in my teaching in the past 3 years and took over a class halfway through this year, I needed to see the list of concepts in grade one science to jog my memory of what I had even taught in science this year. As soon as I was able to see it, it jogged my memory of which concepts I taught and how I went about it. My frustration was due to the fact that I could not easily remember what I had taught and that I had no way to jog my memory without seeing the science curriculum. It was not the outcomes specifically that I needed, although having those when planning is useful/necessary. I think one has to follow the outcomes when planning. It is the planning framework and the supporting teaching/learning strategies used to teach the legally required outcomes which decide on the quality and quantity of learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment